Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel or AMD Pentium processor sufficient to run Powerpoint, video clips and/or DVDs as required.
Examples: Pentium 2.8GHz SP, Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, PM 1.8GHz, PM 965 Express
- 1GB RAM
- Graphics adaptor supporting DirectX9
- Dual-head desktop or laptop with primary monitor 1024 X 768
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10*
Recommended System Requirements:
- Dual or quad core processor (Intel or AMD)
- 1.5+GB DDR2 RAM
- Graphics adaptor supporting DirectX9 or higher (eg. nVidia 7000 chipset)
- Dual-head desktop with primary monitor 1280 X 1024 or higher, or
- Laptop with WXGA screen (1440 X 900) or higher
- Additional graphics card for 3-4 monitor configuration
- Windows 7, 8 or 10*
- MS Office/PowerPoint 2003 or above (PPTX format requires PowerPoint 2007 or above)
- Windows XP SP2 does work, but is no longer supported.
- Windows 10 ‘N’ edition requires the media pack.
- On Windows 64-bit versions there have however been a few reports of video/DVD playback problems with some video codecs. Refer to the codec sites mentioned below for the latest version available, as these are updated frequently.
Presenter 4 uses Windows DirectShow technology for video playback, capture and DVD processing. If you have trouble playing video or a DVD, numerous codecs are available that support DirectShow and should solve most problems.
There are several codec packs hosted on sites such as www.free-codecs.com, www.codecguide.com or shark007.net. We have found the K-lite Codec Pack (Full version) includes support for many DirectShow formats.
Tip: Be sure to try one codec pack at a time. Uninstall one before trying another.
When testing the video features, we suggest starting with the supplied samples before trying out your own videos.
Please Note: While we have endeavoured to support as many video formats as possible, we cannot guarantee that Presenter 4 will recognise and play all video and DVD.